Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SP 9 QUESTIONAIRE!!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love knitting with wool, soft preferably, to felt and make scarves and gloves.

fun creative yarns are great, i only have a hard time with too much of them. I get overwhelmed with fuzzy frilly stuff, but enjoy them as an accent.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? nothing currently. They are in various places, wish i could find them all.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
started when i was about 10, then didn't do it for quite a while... about 10 yrs. so i would have to say i am early intermediate. about 3 yrs continuously i have been knitting since i started again

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) lavendar and vanilla and cinnimon, and other stuff.... oh grapefruit and peach!!!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Jolly Ranchers

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love building things. But I have just learned how to needle felt, and am currently needle felting baby blocks for my coming little one. but i crochet, knit (of course), cross-stitch, sew, quilt, scrapbook.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) i love country, musicals (andrew loyd webber, and others), instrumentals, celtic. yes my comp and stereo play mp3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I am loving of all colors, just so long as it doesn't remind me of something being dingy or dirty. earth tones are great but not puke green, you know?

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, with a baby on the way, with 2 house dogs, haley-black lab mix, and noah-boxer chow mix, and my husband's hunting dog Sophie - chocolate lab.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes, yes, yes, and yes. working on a poncho for myself, or at least trying. Not sure how cold it gets down here in texas during the winter, but when i go to my parent's or in-law's to visit i will defiantely use them.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? anything felting... and anything for baby right now.

13. What are you knitting right now? felted bag, fingerless gloves, scarf, hm, can't remember what else.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? love receiving them. Hand made items are very very special.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? straight or circular, bamboo or aluminum. but not plastic, makes my hands sweat too much.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? nope

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 yrs

18. What is your favorite holiday? hm, i love them all. I just love the holiday season because that means i get to see my family.

19. Is there anything that you collect? beanie babies, and baby things now

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? i have tried the addi turbo needles, fell in love, but they make me sweat when i look at their price. I don't have any subscriptions. there is one book i really want... hold on let me think.... Maran Illustrated Knitting and Crocheting (Maran Illustrated) (Paperback)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? hm still workign on knittng in the round, and cabling. so at the moment, don't think so. but eventually, lacing

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Next thing i want to learn to do... food measurements? i am a size 8.5-9 womens american shoe.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 04/25 is my bday, and 04/15 is my duedate!!!! woo hoo! no i am not excited at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to surprise you with goodies!! SP9

Shelby said...

Thanks for posting your questionnaire!! I'm looking forward to a great SP9!