Thursday, June 22, 2006

day 1

Me: moving is kinda nerve racking though. it is weird to watch them pack my house for me. i just sit here and watch
Al: not nerve-racking-- relaxing. I realise you're relinquishing control, and that may be hard... but seriously-- they're packing FOR you
Me: i know. it just feels weird... i am fully capable of doing it myself, but someone else is doing it for me
Al: it's ok. you don't have to prove that you can do everything.
Me: haha. thanks. toby thinks i am super woman... i keep telling him i am not. maybe i should listen to myself
Al: maybe ;-)

So, that is how I am feeling right now. Packers are here now and have finished the master and guest bedrooms. now are working on the kitchen and study and last they will go downstairs to the laundry room. crazy crazy.

then, my new brother in law is getting married next weekend, so i have to make a cute spring dress for me and the bride to be before then... glad there will be nothing else to do next week. house will be empty and what not. just cleaning.
alright, back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Having had my stuff moved several times by the DoD, it IS weird!! It's a control thing, I think. I want to know exactly where all my stuff is, and have it packed the way I want it. It's such a hard thing release and just let them do it. To me, it feels like you're in some alternate Twilight Zone reality where everything is swirling around you, and then at the end of the episode, you sign your first born away.

I think part of it is that other people moving your stuff kind of takes some of the reality of leaving away. The packing up is a part of preparing to leave, and it goes so fast with TMO.

On the other hand, it's so nice to have it done and over with, and then they deliver it and unpack it and take away all the wrapping, and you're almost instantly moved it. NICE!