Monday, October 03, 2005

A Mixture of Wine Particles and Knitting

Last night I tried teaching a friend how to knit. Let me tell you, when your friend is petite, and has a low tollerance for alcohol, I would suggest trying to teach them before they either start or finish their glass of Duck Pond Pinot Gris. She actually asked me how you threaded the needle! I tried so hard not to laugh but I could not hold it in. "Honey, I hate to break it to you, but you don't thread a knitting needle..." "Oh, WAIT, thats right... remind me never to do this again while drinking!!!!" After about an hour, she was getting it. I had to teach her both the American way of knitting (which fits my style/hands better), and she struggled with that, and then also the Conventional English style, which I know but it isn't comfortable with me. That was the one that worked best for her, so I am happy that I knew both ways. She droped a few stitches, so we decided that she would get better before we started the "REAL FINAL PROJECT" for her grandmother's birthday. She is a quick learner, just not when there is wine involved!

I will try and post a picture of her, but I forgot it at home today. Not much to do today at work, so I am catching up on my blogging! Plenty to tell, and I have pictures to post of my family.

No comments: